The Thrane & Thrane EXPLORER™ 500 combines exceptional performance with portability. It meets the needs of the most demanding business traveller for remote, high-speed access to corporate networks. It is also suitable for small teams who need to set up a temporary office.
● Simultaneous voice and broadband data – access your data applications and make aphone call at the same time – via a Bluetooth handset or a standard desktop phone.Also supports streaming IP at speeds up to 128kbps for applications requiring guaranteed quality of service.
● Highly portable – smaller than a laptop, the EXPLORER™ 500 represents the ultimate combination of portability and performance.
● Global coverage – provides service anywhere within the BGAN coverage area.
● Easy to use – simply plug in a phone or laptop, or connect using the Bluetooth interface,point the antenna towards the Inmarsat satellite and you are online.
● Highly flexible – caters both to individual users and small teams on the move.Supports circuit-switched and IP packet data via standard LAN, USB, Bluetooth and phone/fax Interfaces.
● Very robust – splash and dust-resistant.
● Completely secure – connect seamlessly via your preferred VPN application.
● Physical characteristics
Length: 217mm (8.5”)
Width: 217mm (8.5”)
Depth: 52mm (2.0”)
Bluetooth (up to 100m)
Service discovery application
User access: Via activated 3G compatible SIM card
PC: BGAN LaunchPad
On terminal: Terminal control buttons and LCD
Power supply: AC/DC
External power : 15 Volts DC, 100-240 Volts AC (47-63Hz)
Battery life : Transmit: 1.5 hours at 144kbps
Stand-by time: 36 hours
Battery type : Lithium-ion. Rechargeable
Input voltage : 10-16 Volts DC
Ambient operating temperature
Powered from external DC : -25°C to +55°C (-13°F to +131°F)
Powered by battery only : 0°C to +55°C (+32°F to +131°F)
Charging temp : 0°C to +45°C (+32°F to +113°F);
Operating humidity : Relative humidity: 95% non-condensing at +40°C (+104°F)
Water and dust (Ingress protection) : IP 54
● Radio specifications
Maximum radiated power (EIRP) : +15.1dBW ±1dB
● Supported operating systems
Operating system : Windows: 2000, XP
MAC: OS 10.1 or later
Linux: Redhat 9
● Data capabilities
Standard IP : Background class of service
Send: up to 448kbps over a shared channel
Receive: up to 464kbps over a shared channel
Streaming IP : Guaranteed quality of service
Send: 32, 64, 128kbps
Receive: 32, 64, 128kbps
Multiple IP streaming
ISDN data : UDI (64kbps) – via USB
SMS : 160 characters
● Voice capabilities
Voice : 4kbps 3.1kHz audio
Supplementary : Voicemail
Services : Call forwarding、Call barring、Call waiting、Call holding
Cabling : Ethernet (2m), USB (2m)
Voice handset : EXPLORER™ Bluetooth handset, 2m charger cable + desk top charger cradle
AC/DC power supply : 100/240 Volts
Power plug : 2 pin European type
Car charger : Cable with cigarette lighter plug
Solar charger : Off the shelf (please check with manufacturer)
External antenna : Active (with 10m cable)
Pole mount kit : For external antenna
Spare battery : Standard Li-ion battery
Bag : Canvas bag
Links： INMARSAT Thuraya IRIDIUM